Our guide to the JetPhotos Logbook Removal
It was recently announced by JetPhotos.net that they are removing their Aircraft Logbook feature from their website for a number of reasons which include a lack of use, very old code behind the scenes and the logbook feature not being included in the upcoming refresh of the website.
So what can you do if you have been using the logbook on Jetphotos? Simply use our following guide to help you get setup on SpottingLog:
- Create an account at http://app.spottinglog.com
- Using the Jetphotos Forums send a private message to obtain a CSV export of all your aircraft sightings
- Sign in to SpottingLog and create the spotting trips you went on
- Open the CSV(s) from Jetphotos and format them into the following columns: registration, airline, aircraft, msn
- In the SpottingLog app navigate to Sightings > Import CSV
- For each of the CSV files you have import into the spotting trip
- Your sightings will now all be imported and stored in SpottingLog
- Alternatively we can do this all for you, if you have problems completing the steps above simply email your CSV files to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can take care of this for you completely free of charge
If you have any problems or questions please do not hesitate to contact us. Some users may be nervous of using or trusting other solutions to store their aircraft spotting data, we would like to assure you that we are here to stay for the long term and being backed by a successful UK based Limited Company we have no plans to remove the software or go bankrupt any time soon.